- A person’s mental or physical condition
- a healthy state of wellbeing free from disease; “physicians should be held responsible for the health of their patients”
- The state of being free from illness or injury
- the general condition of body and mind; “his delicate health”; “in poor health”
- (healthy) having or indicating good health in body or mind; free from infirmity or disease; “a rosy healthy baby”; “staying fit and healthy”
- Soundness, esp. financial or moral
- An abundance of valuable possessions or money
- Plentiful supplies of a particular resource
- the state of being rich and affluent; having a plentiful supply of material goods and money; “great wealth is not a sign of great intelligence”
- The state of being rich; material prosperity
- the quality of profuse abundance; “she has a wealth of talent”
- an abundance of material possessions and resources
- A short piece of writing on a particular subject
- a tentative attempt
- an analytic or interpretive literary composition
- try: make an effort or attempt; “He tried to shake off his fears”; “The infant had essayed a few wobbly steps”; “The police attempted to stop the thief”; “He sought to improve himself”; “She always seeks to do good in the world”
- An attempt or effort
- A trial design of a postage stamp yet to be accepted
health is wealth essay – Life Lessons
Do you ever wonder why some people always seem to be at the right place at the right time, enjoying good fortune, health, the ideal mate, happy kids, and achieve more than the average person could ever imagine? Have you wondered what makes them so ‘lucky’ or well connected? People who enjoy a heightened state of living and have their dreams and goals realized to their fullest potential have tapped into one of the oldest and influential principles for living a fulfilled life–the Law of Attraction. Life Lessons for Mastering the Law of Attraction teaches you what you need to know about living the Law of Attraction and how to create your own personal success through its concepts.
Master coaches and experts in the Law of Attraction Jeanna Gabellini and Eva Gregory and one of the superstar contributors to the The Secret, Jack Canfield, have come together to share with you the powerful and life changing lessons and techniques of the Law of Attraction.
Filled with exercises, lessons, real-life stories, and proven key ingredients, Life Lessons for Mastering the Law of Attraction, from the creators of Chicken Soup for the Soul®, reveals how to master the law’s basic tenets, which include: defining moments in life, creating space to create prosperity, acting ‘as if,’ trusting in intuition, transforming thought, having an ‘attitude of gratitude,’ and changing the impossible to possible. People have been using these techniques for thousands of years to attract their desires and now you too will be able to create the life of your dreams.
Hope springs eternal
I like stories; I like Greek and Roman myths. One I like a lot is about Pandora, an epitome of human curiousity who was warned in no uncertain terms not to open a box. Of course, nobody told her why and no one bothered to tell her that the box contains all the blessings gods bestowed on humanity.
If I were in her position, I too would have gone for the box at the first opportunity and peeked inside. Well, she being a normal human did precisely that and out flew all the blessings. Stupid keepers who could not have explained to her the reason for safekeeping, came rushing to close the box and cut the losses. Sadly only one blessing could be saved. And that was hope. Health, wealth, happiness and many others vanished. So, humankind had to live with the fact that they may not have any guarantee for any of those. But however down they may be, they will always have hope.
As a description of human condition and as a creative story, this is brilliant work. I like this. However I would like to tell my kids to grow up with their eyes and minds open and recognise faith and hope what they are – not insignificant but not altogether reliable either. Optimism is good but not enough.
Sun does not always rise in the east – not on cloudy days, not in the poles, not if we change the terminology and also not in planets which have a different rotation or orientation.
All Things Being Equal
Half critique, half road-map-for-the-future, All Things Being Equal includes eight original essays by top-notch thinkers pointing to areas in American life where opportunity is missing and showing us how to instigate it. The Center for American Progress held a provocative discussion around the themes of this groundbreaking book.
health is wealth essay